Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 pm by Beleg

» Alucard, Son of Nytos
Wed May 02, 2018 1:31 pm by Alucard

» Mihara(WIP)
Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Beleg, Son of Nytos
Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 am by Beleg

Top posting users this week

Knight's and a King. (Private, Belanor, Beleg)

Go down

Knight's and a King. (Private, Belanor, Beleg)

Post by Lux on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Belanor sat upon his throne enjoying a cup of cold elven brew. He had gotten his meetings and such out of the way for the day and had some time to relax and enjoy his lavish estate room. As the man sat, he was interrupted by a lowly Dark Elf who bowed low to the ground. "M-Milord, there are two men at the palace entrance requesting an audience with you." Belanor had to bite back the bile that arose in his throat from the mere sight of the filth at his feet. "Who would dare intrude upon my kingdom and then think they would be able to seek audience with me?! Tell them they need an appointment. Now begone!" The servant took a step back and stayed his head bowed low, "Y-yes your majesty.. b-but the men... t-they are the K-knight-commanders of b-both Elagrid and Ridbrad, m-milord..." The elf king paused at this. What the hell did those two want with him? Why in the name of Serphi were they travelling together?! "Don't just stand there like a fool! Send them in!" He barked this order and downed the rest of his drink. This would not be a pleasant meeting. 

Lux waited patiently outside the castle with Beleg. They had arrived around an hour ago and had been trying to convince the guards to let them in. Lux actually had quite a bit of respect for the guards who had held their post and duty even against the likes of opposing men as the two of them were. The guards were knights, and Ganenmarsh held the third most accomplished knight's guild, but the first most accomplished Mage's guild. The mage's guild here could stand against ridbrad's Knight's guild on even ground. But, adding the rest of Ridbrad's army and Elagrid's and they stood no chance. Though there were sure to be a number of casualties. Either way, it didn't matter. Lux hoped he would be able to convince Beleg and this fool of a king to discuss terms amicably. Finally the door opened to reveal the messenger that had been dispatched only a few minutes before ushering them into the throne room.
Lux
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Knight's and a King. (Private, Belanor, Beleg)

Post by Beleg on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Amidst the waiting, Beleg glanced over briefly to his travelling companion. The younger of the two was, surprisingly, the more experienced knight, and immediately recognized the face Lux was making. He was calculating the number of casualties that would occur in the coming war, weighing his options and developing strategies only to through them out a moment later in hopes of a better one. Hell, he might even be making an attempt at judging exactly how to integrate Elagrid's uniform and synchronized style of drills with Ridbrad's fluid manner of adaptation. Reaching over to his squire-brother and gripping his shoulder, squeezing for a moment before letting go in the manner that two warriors are wont to do, Beleg spoke under his breath even as the doors opened and the Dark Elf returned. "Relax, Lux. You're too rigid. Think about drawn-out tactics and battle plans later. We're headed into the lion's den, and we'll need to be able to act on a moment's notice. Like old Gaius always said, keep your head clear and your shoulders loose, but your wits sharp."

Following the servant into the castle amidst the sneers of the various High Elves around them, Beleg would trust that their mutual knight and mentor's words would settle the other's mind. There's always been that tinge of tension in Lux, and Beleg was one of the few who probably realized that something was amiss because of it. The Seraph only prayed that the other man realized that he could come to him for anything, just like Alucard could.

Stepping into the throne room, Beleg scanned the entire room in an instant, something his fellow knight likely did as well. His eyes were uncharacteristically unfeeling, and anyone who knew him would realize that something was amiss. The only time they held even a spark of warmth from the moment they entered was when they met the eyes of the Queen, the spark becoming protective and...playful? Before anyone would be able to comment, it would be gone, and he would realign on the pompous King. "King Belanor, it is an honor to be in Ganenmarsh once more. Might I say that your realm looks even more beautiful each time I see it."

The cold, polite tone was a far cry from what Beleg had used in the presence of King Heimdal, and it would be a clear indication that what he said was true. The Seraph saw everyone as equals until they lost that respect, and once they had it seemed as if he became a far cry from the carefree swordsman that Lux would remember him being. During the Wolf War, he had earned the moniker Sir Grimsever after he had been found as the sole survivor amidst an army of enemy corpses, a broken sword clutched in his hand. It would not be difficult to imagine this face and this voice replying to the squad that had discovered the carnage. In fact, Lux would know personally, as he was there...
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Listening to Beleg's little speech, Lux would chuckle some. He wasn't the longest serving Knight-Commander for nothing. He had been serving in the position for well over 300 years, so he knew both the politics and the combat sides of the coin. He was far from tense, he was merely thinking of things to keep his mind busy and alert. As they entered the room, he made notes of all exits and occupants. He also noticed a strange glint in the other Commander's eye when he looked at the queen. That boy was playing with fire there, but it wasn't his business, so he didn't comment. Hearing Beleg begin to speak to the king, he would listen closely to the exchange of the two and prepare himself to step in should the two go off track into a pissing contest or simply a pissing OFF contest. He would probably be acting more as a mediator this go round between two people whom he KNEW would piss each other off. Either way, the oldest man in the room simply stood silent and waiting, idly counting the knights and their weapons in the room while listening to the other two talk.

Belanor would play this safe, these two men were not only dangerous physically, but politically as well as he knew they claimed almost full autonomy within their kingdoms and were most likely here to speak on behalf of their Kings. "Indeed it is, Ganenmarsh is, in my humble opinion, in it's most beautiful state this time of year. Ah, but I am sure that you two did not make such long journeys here to compliment my realm. I am sure there is a matter of importance, or some news that you bring me? It would need to be important, for a king to send the likes of you two as opposed to some mere, errand boys. Unless that is what you do these days, Raus Naedh?" a slight smirk played on his lips. He didn't want to deal with these fools for longer than he needed to, but as much as it pained him, he needed to stay on their good side.
Lux
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:10 am

Beleg, to his credit, didn't flinch at the insinuation, deftly avoiding what was clearly a verbal trap. He did, however, note with a hint of genuine amusement that the elven king had used the title given to him by his ancestor. It was an interesting thing, and it had featured in much elven fiction over the years, meaning "Sir Death". Of course, the swordsman portrayed is nearly always High Elven, and the authors took many liberties with describing the quests the figure went on, but most elves still held him in reverence. Even Nera, his lover and the most beautiful thing he had ever set his eyes on, was hard-pressed not to call him by the name in a tone of pure worship. The King, of course, had meant it in a near-derogatory way.

Taking a moment to close his eyes and appear in thoughtful repose, Beleg would take in the entire room with his senses. Coming to the realization that fighting their way out, if necessary, would be rather difficult due to both the knights standing guard and the dozen or so mages waiting nearby, not to mention the King himself. Settling himself and opening his emotionless gaze, he began to speak once more. "Of course. It would indeed be a travesty for us to come to your court with anything but an urgent affair."

The sarcasm would be subtle, almost as if it weren't there, and Beleg would push on as if Belanor were imagining things. "King Ruzzoll sends his greetings, and would like to inquire as to the state of your realm as per the terms of our treaty. He has been concerned as of late, as some rather...disturbing rumors have made their way to the ears of the Council. The concern that has been haunting his dreams the most, however, is for your people. How have they been faring in these times?"

Oh, Beleg certainly knew how to play politics, he would just rather not. He was a warrior through and through, and it showed in his own word games. Each word was carefully measured in order to stab subtly at his opponent's defenses, while maintaining an appearance of being pleasant. The uncaring near-monotone he spoke in simply added to the effect, and it would be quite obvious that the Council of Ridbrad, made up of King Ruzzoll, himself, the Archmage, the head of the local Priesthood, and a representative from the nobility, had heard some choice rumors indeed. If all went well, Belanor would fall for the trap soon.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Listening to the knight drone on about how Ruzzoll was concerned for, 'his people', Belanor had to stave off the urge to roll his eyes. He didn't have time for foolish meetings such as these, but it was simply a part of his job. "My people are well. My kingdom is at its most wealthy point in its entire history. We could not ask for better wealth than we have coming in now, both culturally and economically. But, these matters could have been discussed through a letter, or a simple squire sent to inquire. It seems a waste of both of our times to have not one but TWO fully fledged Knight-Commanders to carry out such a lowly task. Now, if that is all, I have a few more appointments waiting." He tried to remain as polite as possible, but he was able to detect the sarcasm and tone in the younger of the Knight Commander's voice. It vexed him, that arrogant bastard would come in there and speak like that to him? But, there was nothing he could do, as the man had yet to outright insult him, but he wanted this meeting over. 

Lux, again, simply stood back and listened. Beleg was obviously annoying the man, and he got the feeling that Beleg was getting annoyed at maintaining this false respect that he was showing. While their oaths as knights swore them to 'Obey those in authority' it said nothing of respecting them. But, it was something of an unspoken rule to at least pretend to show the respect to a rank, so as to reflect the guild in a positive light. Lux would step forward at this point, deciding to give Beleg a slight break from diplomacy. "Your majesty..." that put a bad taste in his mouth, "... I have been sent by the authority of Sir Heimdall Thunderbane, King of Elagrid, to enter your esteemed city and to appraise it for the potential of an alliance between Elagrid and Ganenmarsh. After only the brief walk up here, I have been appalled by the way your own subjects are segregated by race. This alone has solidified my opinion on both your kingdom and your kingship. Do not expect any aid to come from Elagrid should you be in need." With his piece said, he would step back.

Belanor, for his part, was surprised. This was the first time he had heard or seen the man known as the white wolf of Elagrid, and he lived up to his reputation. But, the insinuations he made in his dialogue was enough to annoy the king greatly. "You dare make idle threats against my kingdom, to my face no less? Do not think I cannot see through your words. Insulting a King and threatening his Kingdom all in one sentence. You are a fool. Leave, both of you. Guards!" The knights around the room ould incircle the two commanders. Lux, didn't flinch, but would motion for Beleg to simply leave, though he wouldn't wait up for the younger commander. He could hold his own, but if all the knights attacked at once, Lux would get involved.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet
Race: Demon/Spirit
Tier: X-4

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Beleg frowned slightly at the obvious lies in Belanor's speech, and the blatant avoidance of the question. It had not been aimed at the kingdom's coffers, or it's development in the pursuit of the arts, but rather at the quality of life for it's subjects. The ancient treaties between Ridbrad and Ganenmarsh, which Beleg had helped to write himself, required each monarch to put forth an effort to better the standards of living for ALL of their subjects. Of course, both of the Knight-Commanders had seen the same thing walking through the streets, and Lux was merely the one to call the king out on it. As the king prostrated and called for his guards, Beleg couldn't help but feel a small sliver of pride for his junior knight and rival. Not many could enrage a seated king in less than three statements!

As the heavy boots of fully armed and armored knights impacted the smooth stone of the throne room's floor, Beleg closed his eyes once more, letting out a low sigh before opening them. Seeing Nera's obvious distress, he made a subtle hand gesture for her not to worry. He had dealt with far worse in his day. The small frown on his face became a full-blown scowl as one of the High Elves surrounding them attempted to prod him with the business end of his spear, only to find the blade caught between two fingers and snapped away from the shaft. Dropping this, Beleg turned to Belanor, his bass echoing as his eyes glowed softly with power. "Belanor, you have just made a grave error. The reason I was sent by King Ruzzoll was to determine whether or not your blatant racism violated our treaties in regards to the treatment of your people, and you dared to lie to my face about the issue at hand. I am not blind, and I saw the Dark Quarter in ruins. Not only have you broken the terms of our alliance, but you have dared to make a hostile move against both myself and a potential ally. This is solid grounds for war. Just so we are clear, I do not make idle threats, Goubard. There is a reason your forefathers gave me the title you use in such a light manner..."

Before Beleg was even done speaking, the four knights surrounding him, plus the three that stood between himself and the throne, clutched their throats, blood spurting from between their fingers as the Knight-Commander of Ridbrad calmy walked towards the throne, Vigilance in hand. His old rival might realize that his speed had increased drastically, and most of the figures in the room might not even have registered that he had even drawn his sword, let alone killed seven of the Kingdom's best.

The solid feeling of mithril and adamantite in Beleg's hand felt soothing and comfortable. He hadn't been given a reason to draw his...other sword yet, and frankly he was glad for it. Standing only ten feet from the throne, Belanor still sitting in it and his ill-gotten queen forced to sit at his feet, Beleg was more than happy to have the Dragon's Maw-forged weapon in his hand. It would do no one any good to unleash his full power when it wasn't necessary. As it stood, this was as effortless as swatting away an ant. As an afterthought, though, he didn't think it would hurt anyone to know what they were dealing with...

Reaching up with his left hand, Beleg unclasped his cloak and tossed it to the side, an apathetic look on his face as the sound of the straps holding on the back of the light leather armor he wore tore away, leaving only the single steel pauldron over his sword arm. In it's place expanded two large, feathery wings, black as night and spreading from his shoulder blades. The raven's wings flapped once before settling, the gale-force gust of wind battering against everything in the room before calming as the Seraph looked directly into the King of Ganenmarsh's eyes. "Belanor, you seem to have made the mistake of thinking that you were superior to me, when your own position matters little in the face of my true heritage. I am Prince Beleg Mahariel, Firstborn of Nytos, Seraph of Justice, and the Heir to the Throne of the Heavens."
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm

The revelation that Beleg was indeed a Seraph shocked Belanor to his core. Though the very thought of the matter caused his own pride to swell to the surface again. The man in front of him may be a Seraph, and heir to the Pure world, but beyond Nytos himself coming into his throne room, he couldn't give less of a damn who this man was. He raised his own spiritual pressure, It raised to match Belegs own. He had spent his life training his magical prowess, there was no doubt in his mind that he would be able to match this opponent at least in the vastness and amount of pressure he could release. Though, it was obvious that his opponent also possessed a strong pressure. "Tell your King to prepare for war. I grant the customary six months to prepare, as it is written in our laws, drafted in the 245th Council of King's summit. Upon that time running out, consider it a full declaration of all out war. Now,
begone, Kaiiaurad.
" With that, he would sit back down. He had made his choice, no doubt the one that black winged bastard wanted him to make in the first place, but he didn't care. He had contingencies in place for just this occasion. It was about time to contact the beast masters.'

Lux waited until Beleg came out and would then simply start walking towards the gate. It would be a long road to Saridel, even on horseback. "Well, that went to shit faster than I thought it would. But this was the anticipated outcome. At least we are prepared. I have already informed one of our spies within the city and they will be sending word to Lord Heimdal. I will then return with our plans for attack and hopefully, at least a partial treaty and alliance." With that, the two would no doubt be on their way to see the King of the dwarves.
Lux
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Beleg snarled harshly at the King's pathetic attempt to match him. Oh, he was certainly closer than most others, but he would definitely still feel the weight of the Seraph's magic pressing down upon him. Raising an eyebrow and letting the pressure up to normal levels, Beleg would allow his wings to recede back, leaving only the normal scars and a tattered tunic where it once was. Turning to take his leave while Belanor was speaking, disrespecting him even as the other man droned on, wallowing in his own selfish pride, Beleg paused for a moment. Turning around, the Seraph would have an unreadable look in his eye before replying once more. "Before I forget, Belanor..."

The Knight-Commander would disappear from the eyes of everyone in the room, before reappearing with the Queen held in a bridal carry and a foot on the King's chest so he could not react, pressing down nearly enough to break ribs but stopping short. Nera, for her part, let out a surprised yelp and a giggle before Beleg's signature lazy smirk could even cross his face once more. "Nera never consented to your marriage, and has been my lover since before you even arranged for her hand. In fact, she's told me some choice things about your marriage, from the Dark Elven concubines to the beatings. So, I'll be taking what's mine with me. Ava ar abruhk kura, Tsug-Ruhgchar!"

Blowing a mocking kiss, Beleg was gone, out of the door and leaving the entire throne room stunned. As he arrived outside, Nera still in his arms and shocked beyond belief at what he had just done, the Seraph turned to Lux, nodding and gesturing for the other to follow. "Good. We should probably go, and I'd appreciate if you'd take the first watch. I know you don't get much sleep at night anyway, and I figure you'd probably like to go over how to incorporate our Knights into a cohesive unit, and figure out training schedules. Just...ignore the noises from the tent, please? Nera's a moaner!"

Amidst protests from his elven lover, and shouts from the guards behind them, Beleg would laugh and vault up onto Indomitable, shifting Nera to ride behind him before kicking off, not even waiting for a response from Lux. Typical...

[Thread Exit]
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down