Latest topics
» It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm by Kazai

» Peace talks or war planning? [private-Lux]
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 pm by Noah Atwood

» Reading is Nice(Alucard)
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm by Magnus Mist

» 7 Divine Arts of the Seraph of Kindness
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm by Alucard

» Luxs' Updates
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm by Lux

» Lux, The White Wolf
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Kona [WIP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm by ForsakenM

» Search for the Dragon Gem [Mission] (Noah)
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm by Noah Atwood

» Kenshin Balthier
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:23 am by Kenshin

Most active topic starters
Alucard

Noah Atwood

Beleg

Magnus Mist

Kazai

Lux

ForsakenM

Kenshin

Top posting users this week

The Hammer and the Feather [Private: Heimdal]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hammer and the Feather [Private: Heimdal]

Post by Noah Atwood on Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 pm

“Hmm… Heimdal wants to see me? What could he want from me that his court jester could not provide?’ Noah was currently floating in the air reading from an older grimore that was near one of the higher shelves. Sure a ladder could suffice but why climb when you could fly? Below him was a man dressed in the traditional garbs of a palace servant, the only thing that made him standout among the other masses in that stone building was the rather large parchment he held in his hands.

Noah’s wings seemed to disappear from sight and the mage descended to the ground right before the boy. As he landed he made an “umph” sound. It did not hurt too bad but he was not the strongest man, that was certain. “Very well, let me see the letter he provided you.” The man handed over the envelope and Noah ripped it open without a second thought. After scanning over the rather simple parchment, he crumbled it up and focused light magic into the palm of his hand, burning it to a crisp.

“Well, Heimdal was never one to blabber on and on. Must be the warrior in him after all…they do tend to enjoy the simpler things.” He said in jest giving the servant a wink and grin. Seeing that the man was nervous and not laughing Noah’s face pouted. “Oh come on now, nobody is going to behead you for smirking at an obvious joke. This is why I stay out of the castle, all of you are too stiff for your own good.” He patted the man on the back and walked to a large terrace that was attached to the library. “Well I would send you with my response but I do believe that by the time you would get there my meeting with the King would have already been finished.”

As he stood at the edge of the terrace, the morning sun bathed him in its golden light. His eyes seemed to become as blue as the summer sky and in a moment his wings once again reappeared. With a simple flap upward he was skybound. He shouted from above to the man that had brought him the note. “Do tell one of the others that I have left for the Capitol and will not be back for supper.” He then focused all his might and started to fly towards the city of Del Nalfen.

While the city was at least a couple days walk, he would reach there within an hour or two. Noah was rather curious as to why Heimdal did summon him. While him and the king were on good terms, the king never called him there over a simple matter. While Noah was the Archmage of Elagrid, he was not the only powerful wizard around. He was nervous that something must have been troubling the young king. As he approached the castle he opted to use the door that everybody else used, though that was rather dull. This was an official meeting after all. As he approached the guards seemed to already expect him, they let him right on in without a second thought. Not good security on their part, a Dark Elf with half talent could have transformed into Noah and came here to kill Heimdal. He was motioned to a waiting room until Heimdal was ready to see him.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hammer and the Feather [Private: Heimdal]

Post by Alucard on Tue May 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Heimdal sat on his throne in a relaxed manner, head resting on his fist while his other arm rested on Mjolnir's handle. His long blonde hair tied up and kept out of his face by his crown. He had called his Archmage to meet with him in order to discuss not only the recent sighting of a suspected demon in Esblem, but also about the decaying alliance with Vandale. The old man who led that kingdom was greedy and arrogant,  it wouldn’t b long before he was honor bound to end the alliance and possibly even lead to a war. He was broken from his musings as Noah Atwood entered his throne room. “Ah, Noah. Perhaps you are wondering why I called you here. I will get straight to the point. The first reason is that I want you to investigate a supposed sighting of a Demon by the name of Alucard in Esblem. We have reason to believe that he is one and the same man known throughout Skyshard as ‘The Dragon of the West'. It is important that we find and capture him as he is supposedly highly dangerous.” He would wait to hear the mages input before he told him the second reason.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Noah was ushered into the main throne room. It had been some months since he had last been here, Heimdal was not one to casually summon Noah here unless it was an urgent matter. There was a myriad of nobles and others that worked in the court shuffling about the room but a man sitting in a rather large chair dominated the room with his piercing eyes. Even Noah was afraid of this man’s wrath, even if he was simply a human. He approached the man with a smile on his face as he always did. He had known Heimdal since he was in diapers and chances were he would know Heimdal’s  grandchildren when they would sit upon this throne.

Noah did a slight bow, out of respect to his king. “A pleasure to see you once again, Your Grace. What services can I offer you on this late Spring Day?” Obviously Heimdal had something on his mind, the man immediately started to speak about why he summoned Noah here today. He should have suspected that he was called for this reason. The Demon Alucard had shown his face in Elagrid for the first time in several hundred years. In fact ever since Noah lived in this nation he had never heard of this dark terror entering its borders.

He had the pleasure, so to speak of, meeting Alucard not too long ago. While the man did not seem dangerous to the kingdom the history books spoke otherwise. Noah was born shortly after the wars and the damage that Alucard inflicted upon the world so he could not say for certain what transpired back then. He knew though that any sort of animal, even ones as harmless as a hare, when pinned in a corner could turn vicious. Noah and the Heimdal would have to approach the Alucard situation very carefully.

“If I may speak freely Sir, I do not believe the demon to pose any sort of immediate threat to Elagrid. If history accounts are true then he was at one point a great ally for our kingdom and possibly over time he wishes to return to us and the glory we once provided him? While I know having a being in our borders that is the fabled “Dragon of the West”, may be frightening, I ask that instead of punishing Alucard for crimes he has yet to commit, that we instead monitor the man in a discrete manner and only act once he gives us reason to. Elagrid must maintain our position of a nation built on the ideology of fairness and welcome arms to all. The rumblings of war and revolution are touching every other corner of this world. It may be in our best interest to gain an ally such as Alucard rather than make an enemy of him. Even my power alone would not be able to handle the flames of a dragon without the ground being scorched in some manner.”

Noah believed that this sort of conversation was a safe one to have with Heimdal. He may be a powerful warrior but he was no fool. Out of all the current kings, Heimdal seemed to be the most rational and just. The Alucard situation was no small matter but not one larger enough to warrant an immediate summons of Noah, no there must be something else troubling Heimdal’s mind but what could it be? Noah would have to wait and see what the king’s response to his statement was before offering to move the conversation another route.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Tue May 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Heimdal would nod to the Seraph. Given his limited knowledge of the history of the kingdom, it was a good deduction. But perhaps he needed to know the kingdoms second most guarded secret. Nodding to his guards they ushered everyone else out of the room and another servant brought forth a leather-bound book that was clearly ancient. It held records of the complete history of Elagrid. Opening the book he would recount the history of Alucard. “it was during the third era that the town of Esblem was the cause of great turmoil in the kingdom. It was there that Alucard was born. Many years later he was serving his country in both the Wolf War and the Southeastern War. But, in a battle during the southeastern war, my great great grandfather ordered him to go and end the siege of a fort at the border of Capralorn. He did. Using a forbidden form of magic, he decimated the enemies forces and wiped the fort from the map. It was after this that we realized he was something… else. Taking him into the prison beneath the tower, he was tortured for two years before he finally escaped. Due to the fact that the kingdom was ashamed of their actions they painted him in history to be evil and removed all traces of him being tortured, saying he disappeared. Im not sure how much you know about Demons, but Alucard is the embodiment of Wrath. He will have his revenge on this kingdom for betraying him.” Heimdal would shut the book and look at Noah, waiting for a reaction.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Tue May 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Noah was not shocked at what Heimdal was about to tell him. There had to be some other reason why people were so scared to mutter Alucard’s name in this country, even if multiple centuries has passed. While he had heard whispers from time to time and even had read a few different theories on demons, his knowledge was still lacking. Perhaps the man that he met in the forest held some dark power after all, though it was said that Demons and Seraphs were just two opposite sides of the same coin. If he was Wrath then who was his counterbalance? Surely not Noah, he was far too young compared to Alucard to be his yang.

Perhaps is Heimdal knew this much truth he knew of the Seraph that was around during Alucard’s time. Noah felt confident in his magical power compared to Alucard, but who knew if the old demon held a secret power. Heimdal mentioned the use of forbidden magic, that narrowed the scope down a bit but a new forbidden technique seemed to pop up every decade or so, a magic that was several hundred years old would require a bit more research on before Noah would feel confident facing it in battle. Though with a nickname like Dragon of the West he had a sinking suspicion on what magic that may be.

Heimdal was waiting for his response though. He had to choose his words carefully, he was still nervous about flat out confronting Alucard due to the power that the man possessed. If it was true that he was able to destroy a whole fort without any assistance then he would be a troublesome enemy. While Heimdal suspected that he was back in the country for vengeance, Noah was not certain of that.

“Hmm… perhaps that is why mothers tell their children to listen to their directions or the demon Alucard will come in the dead of night and snatch them up eh?” He said in light jest. “Your Grace, I would still be nervous about handling this situation with a brute force strategy. If what you say is true then Alucard may be here to seek revenge. We turned on the man and confined him once, for two years at that. Why do you think your ancestor did not kill him right then and there? Better yet what makes you think we could contain him now? He may be the embodiment of wrath but just like an angered sea, over time it will become calm once again. He has had centuries to seek his revenge on us, why now? And more importantly, if he has returned what is delaying him from attacking this very moment? A demon is said to be the masters of shadow magic, a skill far greater at sneaking than any thieves, he could have snuck into your chamber in the dead of night before we were even aware of him entering the country. Perhaps he has not returned for revenge but instead to seek answers. It would be wise for us as a nation to find out his reason for returning before acting.”
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Tue May 30, 2017 4:59 pm

A knock came from the door of the throne room before it opened, the guards and knights standing at attention in respect of the man that just walked in. His force of presence was enough to send a chill down the spines of everyone present. The newcomer passed a lightly-glowing blue eye over the Archmage briefly, before settling on Heimdal. Giving a short bow, elegant but as prompt as one could expect from a warrior, one could notice the spurs and white sword belt of a knight, even if it were one that was not recognizable from their own kingdom. The sword at his side was of exceptional quality, and the soft bass that came from his throat was both filled with power and a reassuring tone in equal measure as he addressed the king. "I don't believe we've actually met, Your Majesty, but I am Sir Beleg Mahariel, Knight-Commander of Ridbrad and former senior Knight of Elagrid. I've come with greetings from King Ruzzoll, and an offer for free trade between our Kingdoms. I was content to wait until after your meeting, but I felt it was more urgent for me to enter before you and your Archmage made a dire mistake."

Breathing outward, Beleg stood up to his full height, relaxed and amicable, complete with an easy smile on his lips. "You seem to know quite a bit about your great-great-grandfather's actions, as well as having a basic knowledge of lore about demons. You see, Alucard and I were born into a time of war, and are the oldest of our kinds. He is my brother in all but blood, and even that could be questioned according to religion. After all, I am the Seraph of Justice, the Sword of Nytos and Alucard's counterpart. I refuse to allow anyone to make a foolish assault on my brother for merely existing. Believe it or not, he is far more forgiving than I am..."

The tone of his voice spoke volumes, especially in that last sentence. It was no threat, it was simple truth. Wrath can be calmed and tempered. Justice had no calm, and no mercy for those who refused to balance the scales and merely tipped them further. He obviously meant no disrespect, but there would be hell to pay if a motion was made against Alucard without due reason.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Tue May 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Heimdal was about to correct his wording when a knock came upon the throne room door. In walked a man dressed with all the intricacies of a Knight-Commander. It was the man’s eyes however that tipped the king off to whom had just entered his presence. Gripping tightly to the handle of Mjolnir he would stand, his demeanor being strong and imposing to match the other Seraphs, and just after Beleg finished speaking he would reply, his voice maintaining its serious boredom. “Sir Mahariel, given your position I believe you know that entering the kingdom, much less the very throne room of a foreign king himself is grounds for war. But, I have heard of not only your deeds in Ridbrad but your deeds from when you served under our flag. You have earned my ear at the very least. But, as I was about to tell my Archmage, I used the wrong wording. When I said capture, I meant to bring the Demon, Alucard in to question his intentions. As you know from being a Knight-Commander, much like Vampirism and Lycanthropy, Demons are considered to be impure and it is my sworn duty as king to capture or execute such creatures. But, I know the history of my Kingdom and Alucard. I held no intention of harming him or holding him against his will should he have proven to pose no ill will to the Kingdom of Elagrid. Though, I am honor bound due to my oath to tell him to leave and never return lest I be forced to hunt him, capture him and execute him as all five kings have agreed that Demons fall in the class of Illegal races. But, in order to show I personally hold no ill will I was going to warn him of the danger he faces and allow him to leave in peace.” As a sworn in knight of any nation, the oath taken was to uphold the laws of the kingdom and protect the life of the king above all else. Since all five kings agreed to the laws regarding demons, Beleg was put into a tough position. He would eventually have to choose between family and his knighthood. Though he held no ill-will towards Alucard, he would be honor-bound to kill him should he not heed the warning.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Tue May 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Noah stood there waiting Heimdal’s response when the presence of an approaching individual caught his attention. His eye slightly shifted towards the door just as a knock echoed the hall. Who could be so bold to interrupt a meeting of the king’s? A slender figure with black hair walked through the door. While he looked nothing like Noah something seemed familiar about him… he seemed like family. It was obvious that he was forcing his presence upon the room, while he was not using any sort of magical backing, it was almost like a killing intent. …this man…he is dangerous…

As the man passed Noah and approached closer to Heimdal, the two met each other’s eyes. His a blue as clear and piercing as the sky, and Noah’s a blue and elusive as the morning tides. This confirmed his thoughts, this man was a Seraph. He stood there to listen to this man but also knew that if Heimdal got angry, he wanted to be nowhere near that man when Heimdal unleashed his wrath. As the man began to speak Noah listened carefully. Beleg Mahariel, Knight-Commander of Ridbrad and former senior Knight of Elagrid was his name, one that was known to Noah quite well. Though he had never met the man he had studied plenty of books about his ventures during the wars. Noah had known there were other Seraph’s in the world but never made an effort to go hunt them down, if they wanted to meet him they would seek him out as well, it was not like he was a nobody. Most knew of Noah Atwood, at least all the subjects of Elagrid, Vandale, and Ganenmarsh.

Well the man was smart to start off his interruption with an offer for Elagrid to become possibly wealthier and place it in a better position as its alliance with Vandale was fading each passing day due to their weak and narrow-minded team.  But it was the next sentence out of the man’s mouth that ticked off Noah. He believed that Noah would make a mistake? While that was possible, if anything Noah always attempted to take the middle road, statistically the safest and truest route. Noah held back his emotion and stood still until Heimdal had spoken first, he was not about to get into a petty fight before his king, for gods sake he was over 200 years old it was beneath him to act like a child.

The man made idol threats about Heimdal’s proposition in bringing Alucard into for questioning. Noah let out a small sigh as he waited for this drabble conversation to be over. This was not the reason he woke up this morning, he had things to do, and listening to an old bird was not one of them. While the thought of a demon loose in the country was of grave importance, Heimdal did not need Noah to find him, though his healing magic would be ideal against the beast, he did have a whole Vatican to call upon if need be. If the Vatican got word of Alucard’s return things could get dangerous…

As Heimdal spoke, Noah paid half attention to him while he also tried to think how long a being of great power like Alucard could go under the Vatican’s radar. His red eyes alone were enough for at least a few citizens to believe he was a demon or vampire and alert somebody there. While Noah really did not get along with the Vatican due to his belief that there was good in all, they did have a relationship of some sorts. He was a Divine being after all.

As Heimdal’s response ended Noah took a step forward matching the Beleg’s  position in front of the king. “Lord Heimdal, I believe that perhaps we should keep Alucard far from the capital. If word were to get to the Vatican, even your clout would be enough to keep them at bay. They would jump for the chance to finish off a demon. They do not see that all of the life on this planet serves some sort of purpose. Perhaps we should seek Beleg’s guidance or assistance in contacting Alucard, though I fear that if they also found out that another Seraph had entered the country they would jump for a chance to gain them in their holy war against the Demons, Vampires, and Werewolves. They would flock to him like fly to honey.”

Noah really did not know of a good way to go about this. His brain wracked for a peaceful resolution to keep this matter at bay. That was when Beleg’s first words sparked an idea in his head. “What if I were to accompany Sir Beleg in a search of Alucard and perhaps even to Ridbrad. If I were to accompany him the Vatican would not be able to sense his holy presence as well as they normally could. It would also give us a chance to open channels to Ridbrad which could be quiet profitable for us. “ It was a long shot but he might be able to take this chance to not only learn more about Alucard and Beleg but also about Ridbrad and get Elagrid a new ally and trading partner.

Italicized = thoughts
Also sorry changed my color since it was kind hard to read the light blue.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Wed May 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Beleg frowned as he listened to the two men before him. The younger of the two Seraphs was far more suited to diplomacy than he was, certainly, and the king spoke wisdom as well. Pondering what could be done, hundreds of strategies and tactics flitted through his head and were discarded before he settled on one, all in the span of less than a second. "I find that agreeable, especially considering I already know Alucard's intentions. He is visiting Esblem at the moment, as it is the anniversary of his parents' death and he wished to pay his respects as any good son would, and he wanted to spy on his many-greats grandchildren. If need be, we can take him to Ridbrad, as King Ruzzoll gives me autonomy in most things. After all, I've been an adviser and close friend of his family for more years than I'd care to count, and he trusts me."

Cracking another grin, this one far larger now that they had things sorted out, he would continue with his reasoning. "Also, don't worry about the Vatican. I was raised there, and made it quite vocal when the Cardinals outlawed Alucard's very existence after the war. They've tried multiple times since then to bring me back into the fold, and I've rebuked them each time until they remove the unjust laws against demons. Dragons, as well. The laws against Dragon Magic were only created after Alucard and I finished our training, and while it was still outlawed in Ridbrad, anyone who has already proven that they are strong enough of will that they can find solace there. After all, it was the Vatican's spite against what they perceived as a betrayal on my part that they outlawed two of the things most precious to me. I won't lie and say that it isn't a dangerous form of magic. Even now my blood is boiling, and begging for me to fight unrestrained, but I've long since gotten used to it. I refuse to practice it outside of Ridbrad unless under extraordinary circumstances, however, due to the prejudice against it and dragons in general. If the Vatican interrupts us on our journey, then I am fully prepared to use an old writ that they cannot interrupt my actions, but I will warn you now. If they still insist upon forcing themselves upon our party, then I'll be certain that you are the first to know of their actions, as THAT is also grounds for war."

Beleg would wait for the King's response before bowing once and spinning on his heel sharply. He began walking towards the doors and the exit, motioning for the other Seraph to follow. If they were to prevent anything desperate on the part of Elagrid, they would be forced to move quickly, and he had no time for some stripling to hold him up.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Wed May 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Heimdal would nod solemnly and respond, his voice as commanding as it ever was. “Go then, seek out the Demon, find him and take him to Ridbrad unnoticed. Noah will accompany you there and will return to me when you are settled and he knows the matter is settled. But a final word of warning, I am the king, but even I must abide by the laws laid out by the five kings council. His presence is illegal and whether I agree with this law or not, the Vatican has full rights and authority over the matter. Should they attempt to stop you, they are not breaking any laws and therefore I cannot legally punish them. But, should you kill them, even in self defense, I would be forced to give you the bounty for such actions.” Letting out an annoyed grunt he would say, “This is why I hate politics. Now go! Nytos guide you and Arus protect you.” With his final words, he would lift Mjolnir, the hammer that is said to weigh an immeasurable amount an inch off the floor before putting it back down with force to crack the floor and send a slight shockwave through the room. It was a Knight-Commanders way to end a meeting, most Knight-Commanders, or in this case Ex-Knight-Commanders, usually do not have immensely heavy and enchanted weapons. The enchantment on Mjolnir simply made its weight to where none, regardless of strength could lift it aside from Heimdal. It was a gift from Ruzzoll when they tied in combat years ago.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:58 am

So Alucard was here to pay respects to his dead family huh? What was more shocking was the fact that he coupled with a human, at least that is what Noah assumed was the race he would mate with. What would come of a demon’s offspring? That was an interesting question indeed. Perhaps when he returned home from this hunt he could look more into Alucard’s lineage. Beleg’s idea was to take Alucard to Ridbrad, while that was better than letting him wander through Elagrid, Noah had his worries that even there the demon would not find shelter. Ridbrad was also on the opposite site of the world than Elagrid, that would be a trip even for ones such as Noah, Beleg, and Alucard.

Beleg’s blatant disregard for the laws put in place by the Five Kings Counsel, also worried Noah. Was this man even a Seraph like he claimed? To Noah’s limited understanding on the Seraphs, were that they were created in order to bring light and order into this world of chaos, while the demons were spawned for the very opposite; they were here to fuel the chaos and bring the world into turmoil. While this was all theories put into place by the Vatican, he did take it with a grain of salt. Noah did learn something rather interesting, Beleg was a user of the forbidden Dragon Magic. While he had seen many people throughout his lifetime using such magic, in all cases the dragon’s power was just too much for them to handle and they were consumed by it. Noah had to bit down on his tongue when the man mentioned how the Vatican’s actions would be ground for war. Just because the Vatican was located here in Elagrid, did not mean that they were a representative of the country itself.

Before Noah could speak Heimdal put the man in his place, at least when it came to the legal and diplomatic actions he was speaking of. “I shall make this matter swift and try to keep it a secret from the Vatican the best I can then.” Noah started to walk towards the door that the other Seraph had exited from before he stopped and turned around, taking a few steps closer to the king. “Your Grace, should this man attempt to harm any of our people or the Vatican, should I take matters into my own hands? As much as I detest violence, I fear that my cousin may not. Also, you mentioned there was another matter for your reason of summoning me here today, is it of importance or shall we table it until I return?”
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top