Latest topics
» It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm by Kazai

» Peace talks or war planning? [private-Lux]
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 pm by Noah Atwood

» Reading is Nice(Alucard)
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm by Magnus Mist

» 7 Divine Arts of the Seraph of Kindness
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm by Alucard

» Luxs' Updates
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm by Lux

» Lux, The White Wolf
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Kona [WIP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm by ForsakenM

» Search for the Dragon Gem [Mission] (Noah)
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm by Noah Atwood

» Kenshin Balthier
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:23 am by Kenshin

Most active topic starters
Alucard

Noah Atwood

Beleg

Magnus Mist

Kazai

Lux

ForsakenM

Kenshin

Top posting users this week

It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!

Post by Kazai on Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Kazai hastily ran through the forest at great speeds, chasing after a deer. This was a normal morning for him, chasing after the wild animals for breakfast. As Kazai came closer to the deer, he greedily licked his lips, his stomach already growling. "You're mine!" He screams as he jumped forward and sunk his fangs into the back of the deer's neck. It screamed out in pain and fell forward. At high speeds, it's neck bent at unnatural places and the sound of its bone-cracking was delightful to Kazai's ear. To break his fall, he jumped off the deer and grasped onto a tree branch before he swung around and landed on the ground, looking at the prey.

"Delightful! I didn't even hurt myself this time," Kazai talked to himself as he picked up the corpse of the deer and put it on his shoulders. He didn't mind as blood encased his clothing, he was too busy imagining cooking the deer and serving it in so many ways. He could make some money off of this one! As he got to his wooden cabin, he would throw the deer on the floor and go inside to grab a machete. Kazai came back out and skillfully skinned the hide of the deer, cut it all up into pieces depending on what meat it was, and then brought it all inside to store and put in the freezer. He pulled out tender meat from its breasts and started his stove before he placed the slab of deer in it.

Kazai groaned, he wishes he had someone to share this meal with. Maybe someone would stumble into the forest today and he could converse with them? He chuckled to himself as he watched the meat sizzle. That was ridiculous. He wished that every day and nobody came through. He narrowed his eyes in frustration as he continued to cook his breakfast.
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!

Post by Noah Atwood on Sat May 27, 2017 9:30 pm

As Noah walked through the forest he took note of the different animals that seemed to be enjoying the day as he did. Above his head he heard the rustle of branches and leafs as squirrels darted from tree top to tree top. Bird’s music filled the air around him, he was able to pick up the tone of a robin, a simple whistle that he learned as a small boy from his father. While Noah was never able to grasp the wood elf’s magic of taming beast he seemed to have a presence that attracted them to him, at least the more simpler and kinder beast. Creatures such as snakes, chimeras, and other darker creatures avoided him like the plague, perhaps this was due to his status of Seraph.

Just as he was starting to whistle along with the robin a scream filled the air. While it held a bit of primal emotions behind it, the words that made up the scream were as clear as day. “You’re mine” Intrigued on what respectable hunter would scream this loudly in the woods, Noah sought the origin of the scream. His wings appeared in a flash and soon he was soaring between the trees at a rate that no sparrow would even humor racing him.

His blood allowed him of such abilities of flight but they also allowed him the uncanny ability to sense magical presence and in a forest such as this it was easy to pick up on magic that was larger than your average being. Silently he found a large limb that he rested on. With curious eyes he watched a being leap off a deer’s back and gracefully to a branch and then the ground. An assassin perhaps, your run of the mill human had no such reflexes and skills. While Noah had no such skills either his magic greatly made up for that.

“Hmm curious…” The man threw the large deer over his shoulder and started walking off deeper into the woods. “They say curiosity killed the cat...but a mage’s curiosity is what makes them a mage.” His dove white wings once again appeared and he silently flew throw the forest following the nimble hunter. He followed him all the way to a small cabin nestled into the woods. Noah had been in these woods dozens of times before but had never seen a cabin in this area, perhaps this man was one of those people that liked to live “off the grid”

Noah recalled his wings and approached the cabin, if the man was one of these secluded types then perhaps Noah could gain some insight one what drove him to this state. He was a curious man, too curious for his own good. It was amazing that he had lasted as long as he had in this world without getting killed. He picked back up his whistling tune and proceeded towards the cabin where a man with skills he had not seen in a great while resided. He did his best to suppress his magical pressure, he wanted this man to think that he was just a simple man taking a stroll in the woods.

He was rather close to the cabin and any respected woodsman would know a true birds whistle from that of a mere man. Noah found a rather nice tree not far from the cabin to sit under and whistle his tune. In hopes that it caught the man’s attention. As he whistled a squirrel and a few birds seemed to take notice of his song and of him, they gathered around him and basked in his presence. All Noah had to do now was just wait.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Sun May 28, 2017 12:00 pm

On his way out of Ganenmarsh, Alucard had decided to visit his home kingdom of Elagrid. So, making his way south towards his hometown of Esblem, he walked silently. It had been over two hundred years since he had been in this kingdom. Since just after the wars. He knew of their changes in leadership and some other things, but he just hadn’t brought himself to relive those memories. As he walked through the forests just outside of Esblem he felt two magical presences that were larger than most. Deciding it wouldn’t hurt to investigate, he made his way towards the presences. He arrived to see a man take down a deer and then gracefully land and sling the beast over his shoulder. It was then that he realized what the man was. It had been a decade or so since he saw a vampire, but he would never forget the tainted spiritual energy they possessed. He also noticed the one watching the boy,, his energy reminded Alucard of Beleg and when he suppressed his energy and grew a pair of wings that solidified his thoughts. So, there was another Seraph in existence. Which means there could be more Demons also. He would surely have to look into this matter farther.

Following the two to a cabin in the forest he would notice the Seraph sit down and begin to whistle a melodic tune similar to that of a Robin. Alucard, deciding to forgo any stealthy sneaking about walked right up behind the man and said, “Ah, you truly do whistle like a bird, and id bet you have the voice of an angel.” It was a subtle jab showing Alucard knew what the man was without giving it away in case the vampire was listening. “I'm sorry, how rude of me. My name is Alucard Antetilius, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” He would say with a slight bow and a charming grin. It wasn’t every day you met a Seraph that wasn’t Beleg. Hell, before today he would have said you COULDN'T meet one that wasn’t Beleg.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazai on Sun May 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Whistling? That was obviously a person making those sounds, they were quite... divine. Kazai walked out of his cabin and his eyes flashed to where he heard the sound. A man sat there whistling, the animals of the forest gathering around him. If this was a normal situation, Kazai would be killing those animals and storing them for later, but it seemed there was not just one visitor, but two! Kazai made sure he looked fine, brushing his black hair out of his face and adjusting his clothing, "May I help you, two fine gentlemen? My name is Kazai..."

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, I don't really know where to go from here)
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Mon May 29, 2017 9:54 am

His song filled the forest’s air loud and clear. As he sat there relaxed in the summer sun a second magical presence filled the air around him causing him to open one of his left eye. It was there that he saw a raven haired boy approaching him, something about this man felt off. It was like his hair was trying to jump from his very skin. Noah had never felt a presence like this before, what was this man? The animals that had gathered around him quickly fled and the bird’s music seemed to stop too. These were ominous signs, Noah would need to be wary of this man.

Then this ominous man made a comment that seemed to spark a bit of curiosity in Noah’s mind. Had this man seen him with his wings? It was not a huge secret that he was a Seraph, most of the nobility in Elagrid knew of it though among the common people it was just a rumor. Others believed he was some sort of knock-off vampire. The man had been around the country for over 200 years after all, it was bound to spark some sort of rumors. The comment that this man made, was it only a jest or was it one that knew more than he should.

Noah stood up right as the man was making a simple bow and introductions. Not missing a beat nor showing any sort of concern or intrigue Noah brushed off his bum and with a smile returned with a small bow of his own. “A pleasure to meet you I’m sure. I am Noah Atwood, just a simple mage taking a stroll in these woods.” As he looked over the man he noticed the clear as day red eyes…red eyes were associated with two things, demons and vampires. Neither one were said to be the kindest things, Noah would need to tread lightly around this guy.

Before the two could exchange any more pleasantries the deer killing acrobat seemed to show himself. From the cabin a second black haired and red eye man appeared. Biting the inside of his cheek, Noah feared his curiosity might have led him down a more dangerous path than he was expecting. One demon or vampire was dangerous enough but two might be a bit more than he could handle. Vampires were weak to his sort of magic and the man from the cabin’s magical pressure was much lower than Noah’s, but the first man was not far off in power. He could be a threat. If need be he would need to do a distraction and flee, he really did not care to get into a fight today.

“Nice to meet you Kazai, I am Noah. The smells from your cabin caught my attention and I just had to follow my nose. Is that veal I smell?” Obviously Noah knew that the man was cooking deer, he witnessed the killing blow as well as saw him skin the deer, not to mention the pelt was laying on the ground not too far away, any man with any inkling of deduction could figure this out.

Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm

Alucard would bow to the other man slightly and introduce himself, “A pleasure to meet you Kazai and Noah. I was merely travelling in the forest nearby when I thought I saw a giant bird. I just happened to come to find a cabin here in the forest. I am merely traveling back to Esblem where I was born, it has been many years since I have been in this kingdom.” Though he looked to be in his early to mid twenties, he was actually over three centuries old. He thought back to the amount of magic energy the man now known as Noah held. He was more than a simple mage, he had more magical energy than Alucard did. A the vampire was not extremely weak himself.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazai on Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 pm

He wished for friends and here they were. Kazai took some time to inspect these two. One seemed almost angelic as if there was nothing flawed about him. Quite handsome and he looked young. The other man, with red eyes similar to his, seemed young himself. Sure, Kazai seemed young, but he was really twenty decades old. "Would you two like to come into my humble home? I'm serving veal if you two would like to join me. Give me a moment to clean up and then all three of us can share a meal~!"

With that in tow, Kazai cleaned up the leather, which he would make into clothing later, and went inside setting up his table. There wasn't anything special about his home. His house was two floors, the bedroom and bathroom upstairs, and the kitchen and living room downstairs. He didn't have technology per say, but he did have board games like chess and checkers. There was a sturdy wooden table with four seats, which was just enough.

Splendid!

He went to the veal and started to season it, chop it up, and place it on a plate in ten medium sized slabs of meat. He would go to the pantry and pull out freshly baked bread and cut it up into slices before pulling out butter from his fridge. Then there was corn that he had picked freshly from his farm nearby. Everything had come out great! Kazai went outside, there would surely be a strong aroma around his home, "Come in you two, brunch is served."
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Mon May 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Another jab…this man was interesting. A confined space was not ideal for Noah. He relied too much on his wings for speed in case of an emergency. Also, he was a mage after all, he excelled at range combat, melee was always a weak point of his. Judging from the two’s magical signature he could wipe the floor with them in a battle of magic, but the race vampire were known for their speed and strength and as far as he knew both of these men were vamps.

He already placed himself in an awkward position; it would be rude of him to reject the offer of breakfast. Noah just smiled and kept his guard up. “By all means, led the way inside Kazai. I fear staying outside too long might catch the eye of this mysterious giant bird. I’ve heard rumors of harpies roosting in these woods this time of the year. I’d rather not be scooped up and find myself as someone else’s brunch.”

As he entered the wooden cottage he was overtaken by the strong smell of blood. While he was only led to believe that this was the blood of the deer that Kazai had just prepared he could not be too sure. Noah quickly soaked in his surroundings, making note of the windows, the stairs, and the door. Anything he could use as an escape if things went sour. “What a lovely little home you have. Must be lonely out here in the woods by yourself. I find that the only time I end up in the woods, is when I’m either going from city to city, or out here looking for ingredients for some-sort of potions. Do you live out here by yourself for any particular reason?” Noah found a seat at the wooden table and awaited his host and co-guest to sit down and join him.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Tue May 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Alucard would nod to the man, it wouldn’t be bad to eat a bit before he finished his travels to Esblem. He would chuckle slightly at the Seraphs remark about being someone else's brunch, finding it an ironic thing to say whilst entering the home of a vampire. Regardless, he would walk in and take a seat listening to Noah make his remarks and such before deciding to make sure he got his veal cooked to his liking… not at all. “If you don’t mind, Kazai, id rather take mine rare. I find that I rather like the taste of raw meat now and again. And a splash of goats blood I a pint of mead hits the spot after a long day.” Honestly at this point he was just trying to get a reaction out of either man. After all, he had many questions about the Seraph as he only knew of Beleg. And this was his first casual encounter with a vampire that didn’t lead directly to combat.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazai on Tue May 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Kazai would raise an eyebrow at Alucard. Was this man a vampire? He couldn't really tell, but there was a lot of different things that the man said that would've made him think he was a vampire. Did he know that he could get a bounty on him for this? Attacked and killed? Kazai didn't want this to continue, he was going to get found out. "I'm sorry, sir. I've cooked all the meat if that was okay. I don't keep any blood with me either," He chuckled to himself awkwardly. He sat down by Noah and nodded towards him, "Would you like anything, sir?"
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Now this man was being over the top. Goat’s blood? What kind of fool does he take Noah for? If he was seriously a vampire and knew Noah was a Seraph than he was playing with fire, Noah could turn a vampire into ash with a simple thought of his mind. Perhaps it was time to see where this Alucard was trying to take this game to. That is when it struck him…Alucard…a cleaver alibi? Or a literal demon hiding in plain sight? Once again he had to ponder. Alucard is the name given to the demon that once lived in these very borders…Could this man really be the very one and the same?

Noah just gave his host a warm smile while shrugging off Alucard’s rather odd requests. “Hmm, I’m trying to stay away from meat lately. Seems that there has been some nasty beasts running around spreading rabies. The guards told me to be wary, they believe that it could be linked to the werewolves of the forest, or worse case a new nest of vampires has taken up in here.” He leaned back in his chair slightly looking towards a window off into the forest. “I’ve even heard rumors of necromancers coming out here as of late in an attempt to make a new demon…or perhaps summon an old one back…” His eye casually glanced over to Alucard.

Two could play the game that Alucard was getting at, though it was probably not best to provoke this man if he was indeed Alucard the Dragon of the West. He placed his elbow on the table and cradled his head in his hand in a tired and bored expression. “Who knows though, werewolves, vampires, those two can be forgiven and even understood. Other beings that choose willingly to walk into the shadows of the world are another matter. When it comes to that case…well I guess then I would have to side with the Vatican for once, those they are a bunch of pompous assholes.” It probably would not be a bad thing to flat out say that he did not care if this Kazai was a vampire nor would it hurt that he condemned the establishment that hunted both these people. Might give him a bit of good points from both of them.

He sat up and clapped his hands changing his demeanor back to his original one. “But enough of dreary topic and old handmaids’ tales, what say we play some sort of game? I hear that kids play games all the time at school in order to get to know each other better. Perhaps you are familiar with this one, two truths and one lie? Basis is you tell two truths about yourself and one lie and the others would have to guess the lie. I’ll start it off first!” Noah looked up and around the room as he gathered his thoughts as well as trying to learn more about this Kazai then what the little underworld creature might be willing to say out loud. “Hmmmm….okay well let’s see. I was born in Capralon, I’ve never learned how to swim, and I’ve studied underneath the Archmage of Elagrid. Now you two have to pick out which is the lie.” He gave a little wink and smile awaiting the two’s participation in the game.
Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Alucard would smirk slightly it would seem that the Seraph had detected his game. Listening to what the man said, Alucard would offer a slight approving nod. The Vatican was an ancient order within Skyshard and had a large influence on the kingdom. Playing a game of his own, the Seraph seemed to challenge Alucard. So, one of these things was a lie… ‘Hmmm, the best course of action is to decide which is more likely to be a truth. He is a mage, meaning it is possible he studied under the Archmage of Elagrid and most people do not lie about their country of origin. It is most likely that the most random of his choices was the lie.’ After making his deductions, Alucard would say, “I suspect the one about swimming is the lie.” Whether he was right or wrong was irrelevant, it was a guess after all. After the other guesses and answer were given, Alucard would speak again, “I suppose I will go next. Two truths and a Lie. I lived in Esblem for a time. I was once thrown into a volcano. My blade was forged in the Dragon’s Maw.” The lie here was his blades origins, it was impossible for them to know the truth, that he forged his own blade… with his own maw… in dragon form… so technically none of what he said was a lie… but.. hey, technicalities… amirite?

Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazai on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:10 am

Kazai seemed to look at the two with great suspicion. One was dropping many hints and teasing while the other was sparing glances in his direction. There was tension, but it wasn't exactly bad tension. Oh well, it didn't matter. He started to dig into all the food he had made.

Kazai paid attention to the two men as they spoke. There it was again with vampires. Did he know or did he assume that Alucard was a vampire? His keen eyes fell upon the man and his eyes narrowed. Was he going to hurt him? He hoped not. Kazai had just wanted friends.

All fears vanished into the air when he mentioned that not all demonic creatures were bad. That calmed the vampire's nerves, he felt less threatened. In an instant, the topic changed into the game of two truths and a lie.

Kazai turned towards both men as they spoke, "I feel as if the swimming one is a lie, it doesn't match up with your other two statements." Then Kazai looked at Alucard, raising his fingers in a 'v' to his chin in a thinking position. "I don't believe you were thrown into a volcano. How would you be alive right now?"

It was then Kazai's turn. He grinned, "I am a very old man, I was born with these red eyes, and I am not a vampire." There was a metaphorical mic drop.
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Atwood on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

Noah smiled, it seemed that this Alucard was quite the clever one. He was able to sniff out Noah’s lie rather quickly, though it was not that much of a trick. Most that lived in the Elagrid Kingdom would know of Noah, or at least know that the mages here all studied under the Archmage at some point in time. Really it was just a coin toss between the other two. “Right on the nose with that one. Must have been too easy huh?” Now this man’s truths and lies all seemed to blend into the realm of impossible but for a being such as Alucard this could be true. Alucard was known to hold the title Dragon of the West. While it was known for the original demon and seraph to have been born in Elagrid, the idea that this man could swim in lava seemed a bit far fetch, though why make a lie that was so clear? The last one was the one that made Noah wonder, if he knew the first to be true, the second to be too extreme of a lie to be the lie, then why add this last one that was so simple and possible? Was he making this easy or was there some bending of the truth?

It seemed that Kazaki had made his guess on the bold statement about lava swimming. Before Alucard would tell the two which was the truth Noah made his guess. “Hmm I think that it would be the last of the three. The Dragon’s Maw is a legendary smithery but not one impossible to obtain an item from, in fact our good king of Elagrid holds a weapon forged there if I remember correctly. You’ve already mentioned the fact that you were here to visit family and were born here, the volcano comment seems so crazy it just might be true. Therefore I believe that you’re in fact lying about the origin of your blade.”

Now it was Kazai’s turn. This guy was pretty bold, pretty much proclaiming that he was indeed a vampire. Red eyes, check, old age, possible, not a vampire, ding ding there’s the lie. “Well, judging on how you obtained this deer meat, I’d have to say that the last statement is a lie. Well I guess if you are stating when you turned you were reborn with those eyes.” Well, Noah called out the man. Now it was time for him to test Alucard’s boundaries. Perhaps he was playing with fire but as a Seraph, he did have advantage over the other two in terms of his magic abilities. He was blessed with divine powers that harmed the creatures of “darkness” though he did not believe that morality was based on your blood. There were other factors in that game.

“Well I guess it is my turn again huh? Last round was a bit easy. Perhaps I’ll make this one a bit more exciting. Okay, I’m actually a high ranking officer of the church, I excel at holy and healing based magic, and I’ve been given the title of The Foolish Mage due to my antics” He gave a wink and would wait for the guessing to ensue.

Noah Atwood
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Alucard would laugh heartily, this game was quite amusing. Listening to the two men give their guesses he would scratch his head apologetically, “I suppose it’s a bit unfair but all of what I said was true. My blade was forged in the maw of a dragon.. I was thrown into a volcano in ridbrad as a part of my training, and I did indeed live in Elagrid for a time.” Replying to Kazai, “Your lie is the fact that you ARE a vampire. I could sense the ancient blood running through you before you truly revealed yourself to us.” Finally, turning to Noah after hearing his next round, “I will say, your affiliation with the church is a lie. While im sure that they would LOVE to have someone of your obvious KIND and almost ANGELIC nature, you are busy running a guild, isnt that right, foolish mage?” It was time to throw all cards on the table. It was clear that Alucard knew more than the average passerby, surely this would be enough to get a rise form the calm seraph.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazai on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Kazai scratched his head, "Weird. I am a vampire in fact, but you two didn't seem unnerved by the fact. I mean, I sensed some bad vibes coming from one of you two, but I would never do anything to harm anyone unless provoked first." His red eyes flickered and he turned towards Noah, "I have to agree with Alucard by the way."

The young boy - young in vampire years - ate more of his food, calm and seemingly ready if anything happened. He wasn't the strongest person, but he was scared that they would hurt him. They would try to kill him before they even got the chance to know him. He didn't want to die, and he most definitely didn't want to fight.
Kazai
Trainee
Trainee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top