Latest topics
» It's A New Day, Which Means A New Friend!
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm by Kazai

» Peace talks or war planning? [private-Lux]
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 pm by Noah Atwood

» Reading is Nice(Alucard)
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm by Magnus Mist

» 7 Divine Arts of the Seraph of Kindness
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm by Alucard

» Luxs' Updates
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm by Lux

» Lux, The White Wolf
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Kona [WIP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm by ForsakenM

» Search for the Dragon Gem [Mission] (Noah)
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:44 pm by Noah Atwood

» Kenshin Balthier
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:23 am by Kenshin

Most active topic starters
Alucard

Noah Atwood

Beleg

Magnus Mist

Kazai

Lux

ForsakenM

Kenshin

Top posting users this week

Reading is Nice(Alucard)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading is Nice(Alucard)

Post by Magnus Mist on Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 pm

When it comes to things of magical nature, very few matched the mastery of Magnus. His immense knowledge of all things magic and immense magical strength made him a very scary individual for a lot of people. Not to mention, he stood fairly tall, for a human anyhow. Those giants were large people.

He, at this time, was sitting in the main area of the Mages College. He was reading a book that he had placed in front of himself. While most would be actually practicing magic, as many were in the hall, he was sitting and reading. He was calm-faced and no one was willing to near him. He wasn't expecting guests, but he often got them. Being 22, he was immensely young for a guild leader, and not to mention, he was a Human in Ganenmesh.

Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading is Nice(Alucard)

Post by Alucard on Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Alucard had traveled to Ganenmarsh in order to see about the new Archmage who was supposedly a prodigy. Not only was he holding the title of Archmage at an absurdly young age, but he was also a human. The last time Alucard had visited Alurand, nearly a hundred years ago, it was most certainly the last place you would expect anything but a high elf to be in a position of authority. Granted, things have taken a turn for the worst with the current king, but tensions still rode high even back then. Regardless, Alucard was curious and he had to see this mage for himself. He let out a breath as he entered the main hall of the Mage’s College. There, amongst the practicing mages, he saw a man reading a book.

The man paid no mind to the cacophony of spells being flung about him, but it was clear that he held an air of power about him. His Spiritual Energy and Pressure were far greater than Alucard’s at the moment. This must be him, the Archmage of Ganenmarsh. Deciding on a direct approach, Alucard walked directly up to the man, easily avoiding any and all spells accidentally hurled his way. Looking at the man, he would introduce himself. “Good afternoon, my name is Alucard Antetilius, you must be the Archmage.” It was true, Alucard had been alive for Three and three quarter centuries, he had built quite the name for himself. But, the time had taken its toll and he had faded into history as a mere myth, ‘Alucard the Dragon of the West, or the Demon Alucard’ he is mentioned in both non-fiction books and fictional works alike, though he is typically portrayed as evil in the fiction genre. He didn’t think it mattered to use his name as most people passed it off as coincidence or didn’t notice it at all, not that he really cared either way.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm

"Yes, what of it? Are you named after Alucard the Demon, or are you him? If the name is accurate, I'm sure you'd still exist."

He closed his book, and feeling it was too loud in here, set his book down and got up. One could feel a spike of massive magical power, and watched as every other person in the room fell.

Everyone other than the man across from him, Alucard.

"Right. Now that our bothers have been taken care of, sit and let's chat. You must've come to see me, as you came right to me?"

Magnus had massive power, but he was sure he didn't care the other. If the other seeked him out, could still stand, and still likely could talk, was impressive. Magnus knew he was strong, but that just meant this other guy was equally as strong, not strong.
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Alucard would nod slightly, “One and the same. I came to check out the Mage’s College and to see the youngest Archmage ever. The last three were old coots, nearly four times your age and almost five times it by the time they kicked the bucket!” After seeing the pressure the kid let out, even Alucard had to take a second to catch his breath, but he hid it well. Letting out a low whistle he would say, “That’s quite the pressure you have there, no wonder you are the Archmage! It has been nearly a hundred years since ive been in this Kingdom, but I must say it’s condition has not improved. The current king is just as much of an arrogant asshole as the last.” He would sigh with exasperation, remembering the last king who was an old mage, who started the Dark Elves’ enslavement.

Looking at the man across from him he wondered what he would decide to talk about. I mean, there’s a lot you can discuss with a three hundred year old Demon. But, regardless of what the man chose, he would listen patiently to whatever he had to say.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 am

"I do disagree, tenuously, with the current king. He's lucky I'm dedicated to magic, and not as much to the Dark Elves themselves."

He sat back down and took a deep breath.

"I am considered a prodigy, and they're not wrong. I've almost always had this power. If you're born with it, you oft have a higher level of mastery; wouldn't you agree? As I'm sure Demon's must be born with more power than most humans, I'm just a stark exception to that rules."

He recalled the time when an experiment killed his entire family with a frown.

He'd sit, politely, while waiting for his conversational partner to respond.
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Sat May 27, 2017 12:49 am

Listening to the man speak Alucard would nod. It was true, some people were simply prodigious. He had seen many prodigies emerge in his time and as such, he knew that this boy fit into that category. As for his question regarding demons Alucard merely shrugged, “I am the first and only of my kind that I am aware of, so I do not know if there are any racial traits that exhibit themselves above others. What does the Archmage of the largest Mage’s Guild in the world actually do?” It was a simple question that he had always wondered. He never really joined any guilds, Beleg had joined the Knight’s Guild up north in Ridbrad, but as for Alucard he never really cared for it.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Sun May 28, 2017 11:43 pm

"For the most part, I solve the problems between mages and study magic. It's a fairly simple life. Fairly nice life, in fact. However, I've sent a letter or two of displeasure to the king."

A sigh was let out of Magnus's chest. That could be worse. However, he was dreadfully curious.

"To consider being the only one of your kind, that's not... that doesn't seem proper. Why would any god, goddess, or anything, make a being like you and not make another? It's seemingly like you're the evolution to all of us who exist at the moment."

Magnus was having a few problems with logic.

"Now. Since you're the only one, you wouldn't happen to know Dragon Magic, would you? Before you ask, I'm an arch mage. I'd know of it. I don't know everything about it. I know the basics. "

Magnus would get up, and start moving towards the shelves on the walls, trying to find books.

"I had a book on it somewhere here. I know people speak of terrifying powers, but I have the oddest feeling that was just you, in some sort of battle. God, you have accounts dating back to over 200 years or so. It's amazing that I'm sitting in front of the thing that causes... likely, some significant academic false positives."

He'd continue shifting through the books, trying his hardest to find the things he needed.
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon May 29, 2017 12:07 pm

Alucard would nod to what the man said about his job and then his thoughts on Alucard's race as a Demon. It was rather surprising that the man wasn't attempting to arrest or attack him as Demons are considered an illegal race. It was amazing however, that this man put together the thoughts about Alucard's history. As he rummaged looking for a history book, Alucard would confirm his thoughts. “I have been alive for three hundred and seventy-five years, I fought in the wolf war and the southeastern wars in the army of Elagrid. It was shortly before this that I trained under a dragon in Ridbrad. So stories of my abilities and prowess from the wars are not myths. Though I am typically construed as the villain.” It was sad that due to his differences that humans and most other races condemned him to be remembered as an evil beast, rather than a good and loyal soldier.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 pm

"However if they are not myths, they are exaggerated truths. Scared men and women of any race tend to have a unique perspective. Imagine if you had a man, and his blade was at the edge of your throat. You'd think of him strong, yes? I have no doubts that you are immensely strong, I'm just curious."

He found a book. It was called, 'The Dragon of the West; what is he?'

He threw the book towards the demon, who the book was named after.

"Something doesn't make sense. You, in this case, would be strong but you're no stronger than I. Mind you, that's not terrible. I'm currently one of the strongest beings in existence, realistically."

He walked back over.

"Were the people so weak back then that they simply just died to you?"
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Catching the book with his right hand, Alucard would flip through it. Seeing different things written about his battles during the war, including the Siege that earned him his title. It was odd to be sure, having someone write a book detailing your life as if they knew you. After reading the book it brought back memories of the dark times of the war and he closed it slowly. “I earned this title during the war, more specifically during the Siege of Fort Arnul. Using an illegal form of magic taught to me by a dragon, I was able to take on the form of a dragon and slaughter all of the enemies that had holed up in the fort. By the time I was done the fort was flattened. Dragon magic is immensely powerful in that it can increase ones strength tenfold. The training comes with great risk though, hence why it is outlawed.” He knew the man was curious, he was a mage after all. An to him, this was the ultimate opportunity to hear history from over two centuries ago from the man who made it.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:49 am

"Why? I don't get that. All magic training is difficult and dangerous. One could, very easily, kill themselves practicing air magic. I killed my entire family doing so. Training any magic is absolutely dangerous to anyone who wants it. Even with that, I practice all sorts of spells, dangerous or not."

He groaned, quite loudly.

"Dragon magic, while useful, one can still be taken down in it. It's a powerful magic, but so is any magic, no?"
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Alucard would sigh, the younger man seemed to misunderstand the specific type of danger posed by Draconic Magic. “You are the Archmage yes? I assume you know of the powerful, bloodthirsty creatures known as Drakes? This is the risk of learning and practicing Dragon magic. It is constantly trying to consume your mind and soul and turn you into a mindless killing machine we have come to refer to as Drakes. The danger isn’t just to those around you, but to your very mind. It usually wont kill you, just consume you so that you seek out and kill all those you hold dear.” It was the first lesson Akatosh taught the man in their training. Preparing him for what he was getting into.
Alucard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mist on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm

"So, you propose that the reason that Dragon Magic is banned, is that weak-minded people get it? No, no. I'm sorry for such crude language. I'm just... I get it. I don't like it, but I surely get it. I hate to bother you with such a question, but would you show me it? I mean, Dragon Magic. I'm just curious as to what it looks like."

Magnus put his hand to his chin. Where could they show it off? Certainly not out and above ground.

"We have a basement where we usually host battles, would that be an applicable size for you?"
Magnus Mist
Archmage
Archmage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top