Latest topics
» Brothers? HARDLY!
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 6:41 pm by Achilles

» To Kill A God...
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 11:05 pm by Shin

» Shin Updates
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm by Shin

» Remember Who You Are [Flashback]
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 11:51 pm by Sparda

» Magnus Mist Updates
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 7:18 pm by Alucard

» Magnus Spells
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 7:17 pm by Alucard

» Shin's Spells
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 4:32 pm by Sparda

» Cadmus Update
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 pm by Alucard

» Cadmus`Spells
A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 12:06 pm by Alucard

Top posting users this week

A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening)

Go down

A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) Empty A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening)

Post by Beleg on Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 pm

A golden head of hair groaned, shifting from it's position on a bed that was, in the end, a conglomeration of pillows and blankets. The lavish room's beauty, in the half-lidded crimson eyes of the now-awake man, paled in comparison to the young woman sprawled deliciously across his larger frame. Careful not to wake his companion, the Olympian God stood up and stretched, the blood-red tattoos across his muscled form glowing with power before he grabbed a pure white toga, throwing it on before picking up a golden halo of leaves, placing it upon his head and allowing it to float lazily around his temples as if with a life of it's own.

Looking back at Nera, Beleg chuckled softly as he remembered the day he went to collect her. It was well after the war against the previous ruler of the elves, and after he and his brothers fought the Necromancer and ascended to godhood. His father, Nytos, had given him one final challenge, a duel so that his power could be spread between his three sons. The previous King had been tainted by the Necromancer's power, but the fight was heartbreaking for the son who looked so much like their father, the son who was expected to strike the final blow and succeed him.

Nera had grown old, and while she still ruled with a fair and even hand, her subjects had decided that she was a relic of the past and had to go. Thus, before they could do anything, Beleg appeared to the court in a burst of holy fire, declaring that she was to be brought to the newly-named Olympus and made his wife, his queen. As he kissed her mortal form one last time, she burst into astral flames and joined him in his kingdom. Thus, the centuries passed, and their love had only grew.

Stepping into a massive throne room meant for the gods, Beleg sat in his throne and cast his gaze to the mortal world, witnessing a series of interesting events. A descendant of his brother's? Interesting, yet the rising tensions between Sparta and Athens began to concern him. Such a war would drag in the rest of the world, and would cause havoc among the people.

Perhaps it was time for the mortals to remember that the gods were always watching...
Beleg
Beleg
Divine
Divine

Character sheet
Race: Deity
Tier: X-1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) Empty Re: A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening)

Post by Alucard on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm

The Lord of Hell had been slumbering before he was awoken by a feeling. His anscestor had arrived, right on schedule to recieve his birthright. Of course, this was merely to set in motion things Alucard had seen thousands of years ago the moment he recieved the eye, but it simply had to be this way. The act of transferring parts of his own soul into the boy had actually tired the old Dragon out and he took a nap for a long while. When he finally awoke, he wasn't sure just how much time had passed, it could have easily been a few months. He decided it was an opportune time to visit his brother, whom he was sure was just waking up. Snapping his fingers, he would vanish and reappear in a luxurious Grecian Palace adorned with marble and gold. Just his brother's style.

Alucard wore his hair spiked and wore his normal white cloak with his midriff showing. The deserts of Hell had kissed his skin with a natural tan that went so well with his divine, golden eyes.  Looking around, he noticed his blonde twin brooding off on his throne, as one does. "Well, well, it seems some things never change, eh, brother? You were always the brooding type, almost as bad as Sparda. Are the heavens truly so dull that you would look so grumpy all the time?" Of course Alucard knew of the situation on Earth, but that was Sparda's domain and he knew better than to meddle in the middle of the mortal instrument. His brother on Earth surely knew what he was doing and would ask for help if he needed it. Though it could be he simply didn't care if the humans fought. Alucard most certainly didn't, in fact, he hoped they did if only to see how a couple of his top picks fared in true war.
Alucard
Alucard
Divine
Divine

Character sheet
Race: Demon/Spirit
Tier: X-3

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening) Empty Re: A Brief Reprieve (The King's Awakening)

Post by Beleg on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Beleg cracked a grin at his brother's prodding. It seems some things never changed. "Well, you know how it is. If it isn't a nap and doesn't start with F, it's hard to keep my attention. No, the reason for the recent brooding are the mortals. The current state of tension is sinister, to say the least. If we do not interfere...No. War is inevitable no matter what. If we interfere, however, perhaps civilization shall survive intact."

That was only part of the issue, and Alucard would know it just as well as he did. Nytos challenging Beleg to a duel three millennia ago was his trial for godhood, just as usurping the Necromancer was Alucard's. Sparda, on the other hand, had to bring the mortal wars to an end. He had done well, and Alucard and Beleg had helped where they could, but Sparda had never really trusted him.

Killing their father, no matter the circumstaces, was enough to force Sparda away, and the current discontent among mortals was a sign that something was wrong.

Sighing, Beleg turned to Alucard with a long-suffering look in his eyes that never would have been present before he took over Olympus. "Alucard, do you think Sparda is okay? I know he talks to you on occasion, and his clear absence concerns me."
Beleg
Beleg
Divine
Divine

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Hm, it was disconcerting, the state of the mortal realm. Sparda had grown very distant ever since the events of that War, but he had spoken to Alucard only a couple centuries ago, saying he just needed space to work things out in his own head. He hadn't seen or heard from him since then, so he had no way of knowing much more than his brother did. "I know he wanted solitude to work through it all on his own. So, I left him be. But, if you feel the need to go find him, you can. He generally sticks to the Olympic Palace, but if he feels you coming he may run to one of the cities, he likes to blend with the Mortals." Alucard knew their third brother was much different than he had been all those years ago, and had likely changed more since being left to his own devices, but it was pretty important that they get the state of the mortal realm under some form of control, lest they lose balance. "I will not be coming with you. I have preparations to make as I have chosen my champion for the next Grail War. It's coming up pretty soon you know." He doubted Beleg had remembered to begin his selections, but perhaps the man would surprise him.
Alucard
Alucard
Divine
Divine

Character sheet
Race: Demon/Spirit
Tier: X-3

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Sighing once more, Beleg stretched in his throne, his muscles coiling in a manner akin to a large cat's. Standing up, he flung his laurel wreath to the side, his Gate opening to collect it. Smirking at his brother, he would begin walking forward before responding. "Honestly, the Grail Wars do not concern me quite as much as the state of the mortal realms, and it's slightly terrifying. It's almost like I've become..."

At this, Beleg stopped and shivered, his voice filling with a fear that both he and Alucard knew he'd never felt in his life. "A mature adult!"

Chuckling at his own joke, the King of Heaven would smile, his brilliantly-white teeth showing as his unnerving red eyes glowed slightly. "I doubt I would find Sparda on Olympus, so I believe that it may be best for me to take a stroll among the mortals. I will call on you if I need help, or find a decent place to get hammered. Hopefully it's the latter!"

With that, Beleg's form burst into flames, and he teleported himself out of the throne room. Show-off...

[Thread Exit]
Beleg
Beleg
Divine
Divine

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down