Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Beleg, Son of Nytos
Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 am by Beleg

Top posting users this week

The Apprentice? [Rue/Beleg]

Go down

The Apprentice? [Rue/Beleg]

Post by Alucard on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:53 am

Rue had been having the worst few days of her life. Her beloved master had died in battle defending her and she blamed herself some for his demise, even if she knew he wouldn't have wanted her to. She carried only his blade, truth, as a memento and proof that she was his student. She had done as he asked and burned his body and scattered the ashes. It was hard, but she didnt have time to grieve yet. His last order to her was to go to Hilnadreg Peak and seek out a man named Beleg to carry on with her training. She couldn't think of having a different master after the time she spent with Alucard, but it was his wish. And she knew that the man was capable if her master trusted him. So, the white haired elf princess walked up to the snowy gates. Two swords and a bow strapped to her back, all three forged by her master. Her white hair was pulled back into a french braid, blowing softly in the wind as her pale hands reached up and knocked on the gate. She didn't know what awaited her here, but she had to hold faith in her master. Perhaps this Beleg she was to meet would be able to tell her kore about him, as even after getting him to open up some, she knew very little about him or his history.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet
Race: Demon/Spirit
Tier: X-4

View user profile http://legendsofskyshard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Apprentice? [Rue/Beleg]

Post by Beleg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

A young squire, one who had managed to become more than a page but was still not ready to join the war effort, was walking past the gates when he saw a lovely elven woman knocking gently on them, waiting for someone to respond. Considering he was on guard duty, the twelve year old rushed over to the gates, pausing slightly when he noticed the weaponry held by the lady. Gripping the spear in his hand too tightly, the boy would set it in front of himself and speak up in a wavering voice. "St-state your business!"

He...hadn't been at this for long, and it showed. Hopefully the white-haired lady would understand, considering the general air of urgency in the place. There WAS a war building, after all.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Rue didnt wait too long before a young boy holding a spear approached her at the gate. He seemed nervous and green, it was obvious he hadnt been doing this long. She had also noticed quite a bit of activity in this area as she approached. "I am looking for a man named Beleg. I was told that he lives here. My master sent me to speak with him." She didnt know who she could trust with the information of Alucard's death, so she would wait to see Beleg before talking of that. The boy would hopefully go and fetch the man, he must be a knight all things considered as far as his apparent strength and the fact he lived in the Knight's Guild Hall. She did wonder somewhat what was going on around the place. The town itself had been bustling with activity and the guild hall was as well. Almost as though they were preparing for a big event or something along those lines. It wasn't her business though, so she didnt think on it too much, more thought went in to what exactly she would be telling this man she was sent to meet and train under.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 pm

The squire seemed to relax visibly as she mentioned a name that was clearly someone he knew and trusted. Opening the gates for her, then closing them when she was through, the boy would bow politely before speaking up. "I'm sorry for the rude greeting, milady. Given the preparations for war with Ganenmarsh, everyone is on edge. At least, all of us that haven't been through this before. Follow me, please. Sir Beleg is likely in the main hall."

Weaving their way through men scurrying about and making their way to the massive mead hall that seemed to serve as the Guild's headquarters, the boy would open the doors and bow once more as he left her to go inside. There were a handful of people sitting at the gargantuan table ahead of them, all knights judging from the characteristic white belts, and all had their heads slumped in close conversation.

Beleg listened to the suggestions of his Senior Knights, absently pondering the sensation that had struck him several days prior. It was one of loss and loneliness, and he hadn't been the same since. Noticing a young lady, white-haired and distinctively elven, walking in through the door, the odd feeling began to come back. Dismissing his council for the moment, he would wait for them to go back to their own preparations before walking up to the woman.

Speaking in his soft bass, he would attempt sooth her with the calm notes of his voice. "Hello, miss. My name is Beleg, and I'm the Knight-Commander of Ridbrad. Is something wrong? I'd like to help, if I can."
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Following the boy through the labyrinth of a Guild Hall, she steeled her resolve and pushed back her grief until she finished this meeting with Sir Beleg. When they entered into the largw room, she noticed a large group of knights sitting around a table, this was obviously some important meeting. And what was this the boy said about a war with Ganenmarsh? She was conflicted in her feelings about such a thing. The people there deserved to be liberated, but she still held family among those that would no doubt be slaughtered. Once a man cleared the room he approached her and introduced himself as Sir Beleg, leader of the Knights Guild of Ridbrad. This caught her off guard, how did her teacher know this guy?! Regardless, she amswere him with a bow, "Sir Beleg, I am here to fulfil the last will amd order of my teacher, Alucard Antetilius. He told me to come here and beseech you to carry on my training in his place. I bring his blade, Truth, to show that my words are authentic." Pulling the blade from her back, she would hand it to him. He would no doubt recognize it. "He was killed by a priest a few days ago, and even when wounded, he still managed to off his murderer. With his last words, he sent me here to ask for a place as your student." She would then bow, much like she had when she begged Alucard to teach her. Waiting for the reaction to this man, both learning Alucard was dead and learning she wanted to learn from him.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Beleg's eyes widened as she spoke, and the knight would take the sword she handed him with hands that shook slightly. The words she spoke afterwards registered in his head, as did her low bow, but the Seraph didn't seem to outwardly show it. Instead, his eyes flicked over the nicks in Truth's blade, the crack that stood out several inches above the hilt, and the slight wave throughout the edges that showed that Alucard had fought hard, and hadn't drawn enough blood to repair the blade completely. In some hope that it was a hoax, Beleg looked over the hilt, noticing the little flaws and such in the gilding that he had harassed his brother endlessly about when the blade was first made.

Looking down to Alucard's student, he would wordlessly touch her shoulder and motion for her to stand and follow him before walking through the halls to his office, holding the door open for her before closing it. Walking to his desk, the knight would open a drawer as if on autopilot, pulling out a bottle of whiskey that was several hundred years old. It had been a gift from Alucard when he had first become Knight-Commander of Ridbrad, and he had refused to open it for some reason or another. Now, though, he slumped behind his desk and popped the cork on the priceless vintage, and took a swig straight from the bottle.

Noticing that he still hadn't spoken in his own shock, Beleg would speak up, his voice echoing his pain. "I...How could...Do you know who did it? There's only as couple of people in the entirety of the Vatican who would have been strong enough..."

It was clear that the loss of Alucard was hitting Beleg hard, and it would probably just bring up more questions as to how they knew each other. After all, the knight looked broken, and a second drink from the bottle now resting on the desk certainly didn't help the image.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Standing and following the man, she watched as he sat and opened a bottle of alcohol. It was obvious that he was having a hard time dealing with this loss. There was obviously a very close-knit relationship between the two, but she didn't really know exactly what it was. "We were coming into Ridbrad to train in the mountains some more, when master realized we were being followed. Though, he never really seemed worried about it, so I didn't question him. Then, in the middle of the night, a masked priest who introduced himself as Olivier appeared at the door to my room at the Inn. He said he wanted to save me from the demon's spell and before I knew what happened, I was waking up in the church. I was not tied up and still had my weapons, so it was obvious the man sensed no threat from me. After only a few moments, Master Alucard arrived and battled with the priest. It was obvious they were close to evenly matched, I tried to get a shot off at the bastard with my bow, but he blocked my shot and came charging at me... Master appeared in front of me and was wounded by the blade. His wounds normally heal very quickly, but this one showed no signs of healing at all. The man then pierced him through the heart. Alucard killed him with black flames that burned him to ashes, though that was the last of his strength. He then entrusted me with his blade and sent me here." She told the entire story of her failure to protect her master and how he had died because of her weakness. "How did you know him?" It seemed like a pretty important question, to learn how this man, who obviously held high value for her master's life, knew the man who taught her how to survive.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 am

Olivier. That explained everything, Beleg mused as he took another drink from the bottle, this one more measured yet still just as pained. The Zealots had always hated Alucard, and Saint Olivier, being one of it's highest-ranking members, was likely one of the only people in it's ranks capable of finally killing the Demon of Wrath. A frown would appear on the man's face as he heard young Rue talk about Alucard casting flames and killing the saint. Such a thing wasn't necessarily possible, considering the particular priest in question's mastery of combat healing matched even that of a divine being's natural healing factor, and any magic relies solely on the energy of the caster. If Alucard was truly dying when he cast the spell...Breaking out of his musing, Beleg heard the young lady ask him another question, this time about his connection to her mentor. Chuckling, he would put the cork back in his bottle of whiskey and place it lovingly in a drawer for later, swinging his boots up on his desk and taking a faraway look in his eyes.

"Alucard and I were brothers, although not in the traditional sense. Olivier was right about one thing. Alucard is-WAS a Demon. I suppose he still is, all things considered, but that's a story for another time. You see, something the Vatican either doesn't quite understand themselves or refuses to teach is that Demons and Seraphs are two sides of the same coin. One represents each of the Seven Deadly Sins, while the other represents the seven virtues. Whenever one is born into this world, so too is their counter. Three hundred and seventy-five years ago the world was on the brink of falling into darkness, and thus Nytos sent his two oldest sons, the ones that were best suited to bring peace on the edge of a sword. Alucard, the Demon of Wrath, and myself, the Seraph of Justice. We didn't know each other right away, by any means. We met here in Ridbrad, actually!"

Taking a pause, both to give Rue a moment to process the influx of information and to settle his own thoughts, Beleg would sigh and continue. "We had both traveled here to train under Lord Akatosh, the oldest of the five dragons in the realms. I was a Senior Knight of Elagrid at the time, and he was just a wanderer, but none of that mattered. It was like something clicked, and we always had each others backs after that. I can't imagine going through this coming war without him. Tell me, how did you two meet? Ally was always more the type to love a girl and leave her, not take them along and train them."
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Rue listened with amazement as the now identified Seraph told her more about her beloved master than she had ever heard from the man himself. He was over three centuries old, was the son of a god, not just any god, but the chief god worshipped by the Vatican. He was also far more powerful than she ever could have imagined, having mastered Dragon Magic far before she was ever born. Thinking back to when they met, Rue was debating what exactly to tell the man before her, but she decided to trust him with the whole story. "I was born to the noble house Romaris in Alurand. When I came of age, i was inducted into the Mage's Guild where I showed great promise, but before I could progress far enough to gain any real benifit, my father attempted to have me sent to the king as a concubine. He hoped it would gain him favor in the Kings court. I was not a fan, for obvious reasons if you know that man. So, I ran. I made it south, into a forest of Elagrid. It was there that Alucard saved me from getting mauled by a pack of werewolves. He then agreed to teach me how to survive, after i begged him of course. He then taught me a lot about life and magic. He made me my weapons and then even took me to train under Lady Aquarius!" She was proud of her progress, but knew she would have gotten nowhere without her teacher.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Nodding, Beleg listened to the young elf's story with a light frown. It was unfortunate that such a thing had occurred to her, but his brother seemed to have turned everything around for her, and had given her the support she needed to thrive. Making a decision on the spot, the Seraph stood up and walked over to a small armory in the back of his office, accessed by a sliding door. Pushing the panel in and dragging it to the side on well-oiled runners, Beleg gently placed Truth on a fairly-central stand on the back wall, one where the only other rack was meant for Vigilance.

Turning around, he gestured for Rue to enter the space, which was somewhere around thirty square feet. Reaching over, he grabbed something off one of the shelves before turning to her. "Rue, if it's what Alucard wished then I have no right to deny you training, even if I wished to. This is my personal armory, and out of courtesy I will only ask that you do not take anything from the back wall without my permission. Other than that, you have full access to anything within these walls. Also, I am giving you an opportunity that I haven't given anyone in one hundred years at least. I wish to take you on as a squire. Before you accept, though, I will tell you this. Being a Squire of Ridbrad is different from any other Kingdom. You are held to a higher standard, and you will be trained far more rigorously. This holds doubly true for you, since you will be squired to me. You will also be participating in the war to come against Ganenmarsh should you accept. In return, I will teach you how to fight with both your mind and body. I will teach you the code of chivalry, and just as you are sworn in service to me I swear that I will protect you with my own life until you have learned all that I have to teach you, and even after you shall always find a save haven with me. You shall become a member of my household, my family, and as such my loyalty to you is just as your loyalty to me shall be. Do you accept?"

With that, he would extend the object in his hand towards the young woman, and she would get a good glimpse at what it was. It was a sword belt, stained red in the symbolic mark of a squire, with a single raven's feather made of silver and enameled black displayed proudly as the end cap.

Should she take it, or should she live her life in peace? The choice was hers.
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Rue shook off the thoughts she had been having about her old teacher. He may be gone now, but his memory and teachings will live on through her. She would then listen to what the man in front of her had to say. He was obviously close to Alucard, but was also a professional in the way he carried himself even in the wake of a death so dear to himself. She was being granted a very unique and sought after opportunity to serve under this man as a student, and she would surely do her best to learn. Her training under Alucard had been brutal, but she had managed to survive it well enough. "I accept. I will pour out my hear and soul into your teachings, Lord Beleg. I will carry on the memory of my master, until the day I die. I swear on my honor." She would place her fist over her heart and kneel as he showed her into his personal armory, telling her all the weapons here were available, aside from the ones in the back. But, it was still amazing. Though, she would stick with the ones Alucard had forged for her, for now at least.
Alucard
Spirit
Spirit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down