Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 pm by Magnus Mist

» Beleg, Son of Nytos
Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 am by Beleg

Top posting users this week

Jolly Plans (Lux, Ruzzoll)

Go down

Jolly Plans (Lux, Ruzzoll)

Post by Beleg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:31 am

Beleg whispered something to Nera, which was returned with a slight giggle and a response as King Ruzzoll looked on in amusement. They were currently in his war room, a tankard of dwarven ale in front of both himself and his Knight-Commander. Markings all over the map showed various troop placements in Ridbrad and Ganenmarsh, with markers at specific points of tactical importance between the two countries. Supposedly there was an increase in weapons manufacturing in Tonlas, and rumors abound about the various placements of generals in the Syryen Valley and at Taradrew Keep. The gates would need to be broken, the Dark Quarter liberated, and the entire citadel purged. The local resistance had done their best charting things out for them, but there were no doubt certain things would be hidden from those not in the know.

The Jolly Dwarf shifted slightly, waiting for Lux to return after having greeted his Knights that had arrived that morning and giving them orders to move out to Hilnadreg Peak. Once he had returned, the King of Ridbrad would rise to his full height and begin the meeting. "Well, here we stand, at the brink of war with Ganenmarsh. I've gotten a few letters of complaint as to the...impromptu acquisition of their Queen, but it was necessary considering we will likely instate her in place of Belanor. As it stands, I'd like a report of our forces. Sir Beleg?"

Stopping his conversation the moment his King spoke, Beleg would stand up and respond, his laid back air suddenly gone and a tone in his voice that Lux wouldn't have heard since the Wolf War, a tone that showed his tactical brilliance. "The engineers are working night and day at building portable defenses and siege equipment, and have come up with several new concepts, from repeating ballistae to an ingenious new oil that will burn underwater and sticks to whatever it hits. Every blacksmith in the Kingdom is jumping on your offer, and have been outdoing themselves in equipping our soldiers. The infantry themselves have been training constantly, and morale is at an all-time high. Recruitment is going spectacularly as a result. I cannot speak for the Mage's Guild, but from the reports I have been given they are working on attempting to invent new enchantments that prevent rust and preserve the temper on weapons and armor in extreme conditions. Supposedly they have hit a snag where the weapons themselves take on a red heat from extended use, but they have promised to fix it by the end of the week. I had a letter slipped into my pocket by an orphan on my way here promising the help of the Thieve's Guild in causing havoc, and I found a gilded dagger under my pillow this morning along with the location of a contact within the city for the Assassin's Guild. As for the Knight's Guild..."

At this, a lazy smirk crossed his face, although the serious tone remained in his voice with a hint of pride. "I have no doubt that, if necessary, my Knights could level the country themselves. The forces ready for combat number one hundred, including twenty-five squires that have been deemed ready, fifteen that are preparing for their Vigil, fifty fully-trained Knights, and the ten Senior Knights that make up my Inner Circle. Every single one of them is armed and armored with their preferred equipment, and are ready for anything the elves can throw at us."

One hundred members of a Knight's Guild that could be deemed combat-ready was perhaps not a significant number by most people's standards, but considering the standards that they were held to and the quality of their training it would be clear that even the quarter of the forces made up of squires would be capable of matching most Knights from outside their own Kingdom, and the Senior Knights would be worth at least a score each. Lux himself having seen Beleg's skill firsthand when he was a Senior Knight in Elagrid, and from tourneys afterwars, would likely realize that with the Seraph at their head the Knight's Guild of Ridbrad would be nearly unstoppable.

Shifting slightly, Beleg would look like he had something else to say that made him uncomfortable. Clearing his throat, the knight would speak once more, slowly and almost as if he had been subdued. "...Lord Akatosh also sends his greetings, Your Majesty, and has promised his support in the war effort. He himself is occupied, but he has sent five Drakes in his stead. Each of them is relatively tamed, and listens to the commands of both the Beast-Handlers and myself. I would assume the latter is because of my own...training."

So THAT explained his hesitance, thought Ruzzoll. It was no true secret to him that Beleg had trained under Lord Akatosh, and was a master of Dragon Magic. Thus, the presence of Drakes made him uncomfortable as it was a reminder of his own vulnerability during that time, and the fact that they listened to him due to the dragon's blood in his own veins would be a point of discomfort as well. Coughing politely to take attention off from his drinking buddy, the King would turn to Lux. "Sir Lux, what about Elagrid? What troops have arrived and can pledge their support?"
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jolly Plans (Lux, Ruzzoll)

Post by Lux on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

Lux had arrived from sending the troops he recieved on their way to Hilnadreg Peak. They had come fully prepared for this war effort and were ready to take on the full might of Ganenmarsh. He arrived into the throne room in time to hear the king speak along with Beleg. It was obvious by how he spoke that Beleg was serious, and was definitely prepared for this battle to come. Once he waa addressed by the king, Lux would stand and gibe a slight bow to the Dwarven King, "I have come with nearly a hundred fully fledged Knights ready for war. Two hundred of Elagrids base soldiers and fifty of the Vatican's most skilled healers. Twenty five of our mages skilled in alchemy have also come to bolster both defenses during battle and help with weapon manufacturing and repair. If you can get them all the parts, they can build weapons twenty times faster than the most skilled blacksmith ive ever seen. Our knights are also fully equipped to act as a cavalry, each bearing a war horse of high standard. And our beast masters have brought fifteen conquored trolls to aid in the effort." It was obvious by his words and the number of troops sent, thag Heimdal wanted to end this war as fast as possible. Having direct support from their kingdom's dragon was interesting and would be devastating to the troops of Alurand.
Lux
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beleg on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Nodding, Ruzzoll would take into account all of the various factors, and found himself satisfied. Taking a swig of his ale, he would look to the two knights in the room and ponder what to do next. Coming to a decision, the King would speak and give his orders. "Beleg, Lux, I would like the two of you to return to Hilnadreg Peak and have your respective troops begin training together for maximum effectiveness. The mages from Elagrid should begin assisting the smiths and our own mages. The trolls and drakes should be worked with, and introduced to the soldiers on both sides so that they begin building up trust and there is no panic. The healers from the Vatican will certainly be appreciated, and will be given any materials they require. Beleg, drop the look. I know how you feel, but they are here to help. Queen Nera, I would be happy to have you in my court for the duration of your stay. If that is all, you are both dismissed."

Beleg, slightly annoyed by the inclusion of the clergy, would blink slightly before bowing and walking out of the room to go and retrieve Indomitable from the stables. He had a lot on his mind, and there was an odd sensation that had kept him up the entirety of the previous night. Hopefully the preparations would distract him from the wrongness of the feeling gnawing at his heart.

[Thread Exit]
Beleg
Knight-Commander
Knight-Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down